Why Volunteering in Africa is
Coming away from the hum drum life we take so much for granted and placing ourselves in an environment so different from what we're used to can be both very challenging and exhilarating!
Imagine making a difference to peoples lives and yet being so impacted by their warmth and kindness not to mention basking in the jaw dropping landscapes that surround you.
- You learn so much about yourself and others. Prepare to rethink some of your beliefs and ideas about Africa and Uganda in particular.
- A chance to give back. Coming from the privileged West there is a deep need in most of us to share what we have..... Most of our volunteers found sharing their skills incredibly rewarding.
- A meaningful cultural exchange. Volunteering enables you to get an authentic understanding of the country as you delve deep into the culture and its peoples.
- Volunteering enriches not only the receiver but the giver. Many of our volunteers feel humbled by the experience. Volunteering with people who live much simpler lives may give you another perspective on what is really important in life.
- Volunteering is life affirming. Living a more "mindful" life without all the "noise" and stress is great for your health and wellbeing.
- Volunteering is Fun!! Its a chance in a lifetime for some! Grab it !!